Eggs Benedict – Recipe for 2
1 T white wine vinegar
3 Farmer Angus egg yolks
1 T water
Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional)
Salt to taste
4 poached Farmer Angus eggs
250g Farmer Angus bacon
4 slices Vadas Bakery sourdough bread
To make the Hollandaise sauce:
- Whisk the yolks, water and vinegar in a saucepan until thick and pale.
- Set the pan over moderately low heat and continue to whisk at a reasonable speed, reaching all sides and bottom of the pan.
- If the eggs seem to be cooking too fast, place the pan in a bowl of cold water to cool the bottom, then continue. The eggs will become bubbly and thicken. When the eggs are thick and smooth, remove from the heat.
- By spoonful’s, add the soft butter, whisking constantly to mix well. Continue adding the butter until the sauce has thickened to the consistency you want.
- Season lightly with salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper, whisking in well. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding droplets of vinegar if needed.
- Place fried bacon on lightly toasted sourdough bread. Top with the poached eggs and pour hollandaise sauce over the top.
- Dress with fresh chives